BABE – BA Business and Enterprise
Accelerated entry (Year 3) to this degree course is open to Armed Services personnel who have achieved an ILM Level 5 Certificate in Leadership & Management or Level 4 S/NVQ in Management (or equivalent).
BABE – B.A. Business & Enterprise (in partnership with Edinburgh Napier University Business School)
B.A. Business & Enterprise
Practising and aspiring middle managers who wish to:-
- Continue their learning in the workplace
- Deliver results both for themselves and their organisations
- Equip themselves with the knowledge and skills required to meet the challenges facing themselves and their busines
- Gain academic recognition for their achievements
Students who have completed a Level 4 SVQ in Management or ILM Level 5 Certificate in Leadership & Management (or equivalent) can now ‘top up’ by joining the BA Business and Enterprise. This degree is a new departure for further and higher education in the UK. It provides an opportunity for learners to continue their learning and progress directly into the third year of a degree course
Edinburgh and various UK study centres, including NW England, Kent and SW England.
The programme structure is very flexible and is built around the following modules:
- Innovation, Creativity and Enterprise (20 credits)
- Business Growth Issues (20 credits)
- Business Processes (20 credits)
- A workplace-based learning project (60 credits)
Students are expected to attend the University or their local study centre for one day per month. This is supported with on-line materials, and additional workshops for workplace based learning. This approach will minimise off-job time.
The aim of the B.A. Business & Enterprise is to develop managers and enhance their career opportunities. Assessments are therefore practical and applied, including:
- reports around work roles
- workplace-based project assignment
- case studies on the work completed
The B.A. Business & Enterprise has no traditional exams.
There is an opportunity to enter this course at 3 points in the year, February, June and September.
Students in Scotland may also be eligible to receive £500 per year towards the cost of the programme through ILA Scotland. Further information on Individual Learning Accounts can be found at www.ilascotland.org.uk or by calling 0808 100 1090.
On completion of the BA, students can progress to the Masters in Entrepreneurial Leadership at Edinburgh Napier University.