Online courses and the many benefits of virtual learning
The digital age has revolutionised the way we send and receive information – making it possible to research an entire subject at the click of a button. Online learning has revolutionised contemporary education and opened up a whole new world of opportunities for those who are keen to learn. Students are no longer restricted to traditional methods of study and can now access accredited courses online, learning and gaining a qualification at a time and place that suits them. Online learning has a number of benefits and digital courses are becoming an increasingly popular option for many.
Benefits of online learning:
- Greater flexibility – online courses are a great option for those with a busy lifestyle, as you can fit learning into your personal schedule. This allows for greater flexibility and allows you to study at a time and place that suits you. If you have children you need to pick up from school, you have plans with friends, or you’d like to book a holiday, you won’t have to worry about missing a class or falling behind.
- Lower costs – you won’t have to worry about a daily commute, saving money on expensive train fares or petrol making your way to class each day. Online programmes are also often cheaper when compared to courses held in a traditional campus setting.
- Comfort – once enrolled onto an online course, you won’t be bound to any physical class sessions. This means you can study from the comfort of your own home and won’t have to sit in an uncomfortable office chair for several hours each day.
- Self-paced learning - students don’t always feel comfortable asking tutors to repeat a point they made or dive into deeper detail on a specific topic. When learning online, you can revisit past material, perform additional research and generally learn at your own pace.
- Gain new skills – not only will you learn something new through your chosen course, you’ll also gain new skills that you may not have initially expected. Online learning requires self-motivation, time management and critical thinking skills – all of which are very attractive qualities to an employer. You’ll likely learn new digital skills while communicating and collaborating with your classmates online, which will also help boost your employability and CV.
At the Academy of Leadership and Management, we focus on developing leaders, managers, coaches, mentors and business advisers through practical work-based and distance learning programmes. Our range of online courses offer great flexibility, allowing you to focus and learn at a time that suits you, wherever you may be. Here’s what some of our students had to say about our online courses:
“The blended learning of online resources and monthly Skype conversations has proven to more flexible and possibly even better than a classroom. Great course, great team - highly recommended to anyone.”
“Undertaking a distance learning qualification in Leadership and Management meant I could fit my full time job around some targeted CPD. The programme was flexible with regards to timings, but a clear set of deadlines meant I could plan for the submissions around my work schedule.”
“The Academy of Leadership and Management were the springboard needed to boosting my perceived stagnating career. The confidence and insight bestowed on me through their professional mentoring coupled with the solid course content, relevant to my work, has had an immediate and significant positive effect on my career.”
All of our courses lead to globally-recognised qualifications from an awarding body, such as ILM or the Small Firms Development Initiative (SFEDI). We are also an Institute of Enterprise and Entrepreneurs (IOEE) approved academy. Click here to visit our online courses section and find what’s right for you.